15 Tips to a Tip Top Twitter
Twitter is one of the strongest tools in social media for the Adult Industry. You can essentially post what you want,
without fear of being deleted. You can network with people any time of day or night and every audience is to be found, from fans to B2B. This means that your Twitter needs to be working for you and not against you.
Having a strong Twitter bio is important. This is your first impression – your first chance to get someone to like you. This is also how search engines find your profile, so you want to make sure it is SEO optimized.
Once a week I go through my new Twitter followers and decide who I am going to follow back. I consider a lot of factors in deciding why I follow or don’t follow someone. One of the biggest reasons is their bio on Twitter.
Think of your bio as your 10 second elevator pitch. You have 160 characters to tell me why I should be interested in you. If I like what I see, maybe I’ll click your profile and check out your most recent posts. If those are interesting then I’ll follow you. But the bio is your handshake.
5 Tips for a strong Twitter Bio:
- Tell me who you are. Are you a public figure? What do you do? Why are you here? I want to know who I am following
- Web Address: if you have a website, put the url in your bio.
- Don’t be crass or abrasive. If you seem unfriendly and rude, why would I follow you?
- Don’t try to sell me. If your bio is trying to push a product, that tells me you are about your sales and not about engaging with your followers.
- Be charming. Be nice. I want to think that if I follow you, you are approachable.
5 Tips to optimize your Twitter Bio
- Putting your web address in the bio is an easy way to have your Twitter associated with your business in the search engines.
- Use industry key words in your bio. Do some keyword research and make sure to use some of the big ones. That way, when people use them in a search you have a chance of coming up in the results.
- If your name is branded, use your name, so when people search your name they will find you.
- Don’t shorten any words. Search engines don’t search for abbreviations. So unless your key term is usually abbreviated, spell it out.
- If you have a long URL for your website, use a Bit.ly to shorten it.
5 Ways to make me think you are a spammer
- Sending an auto-DM like, “Are u fun?” This is just spam.
- Using a validating service like TrueTwit. You are not preventing spam, you are creating it.
- DMing me the same message over and over…
- Tagging me in a post to a random link. If you post a link that says nothing but the link and my name..wham, bam, spam!
- If your avatar is an egg, I will think you are a spammer even if you are not. Put in a pic.
This week’s Feature Friday Photo is the very sexy Seth Gamble. I would like to say I was captivated by his beautiful blue eyes or his amazing body but I was drawn in by his Twitter. Seth set him self apart on Twitter because he was so genuine and approachable. This boosts his star power exponentially. He says that “well-behaved people rarely make history….life is a gamble…I’m all in.” Seth is also a very talented actor and has appeared in a ton of movies. Make sure you check out his films and follow him on Twitter.
Visit him on Twitter @sethgamblexxx
View his acting bio
Seth a big supporter of Hot Rawks, an injected aphrodisiac made from raw organic superfoods and herbs.